Youth Ambassadors of Non Formal Learning
Youth Ambassadors of Non Formal Learning
Timespan: 05/11/2019 – 04/03/2022
Donor: Erasmus+ (KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Capacity Building in the field of Youth)
Supported by: Institute for Youth Development KULT
Supported by: Federal Ministry of Culture and Sports
Applicant: Local Democracy Agency Mostar (LDA Mostar)
Partners: Društvo za razvijanje prostovoljnega dela Novo mesto (Novo mesto / Slovenia); The Future Now Association (Sofia / Bulgaria); Kosovo Center of Diplomacy (Prishtina / Kosovo*); United Societies of Balkans (Thessaloniki / Greece); Youth 4 Society (Tirana / Albania); Center for Intercultural Dialogue (Kumanovo / North Macedonia); Asocijacija za demokratski prosperitet – ZID (ADP-ZID) (Podgorica / Montenegro); NGO IUVENTA (Šabac / Serbia); Turk Girisim ve Is Dunyasi Konfederasyonu (Istanbul / Turkey); TDM 2000 (Cagliari / Italy).
The project aims at promoting participation in Non Formal Education activities and the power of validation and recognition of competences acquired outside the formal education environment through an innovative methodology.
Project wants to take into consideration what has been done so far within this area, research for best practices and successful stories, and get ready to go on the field to reinforce the importance of Non Formal Learning.
- To research, collect, analyze and spread existing best practices and policies in the field of validation and recognition of NFL, as well as successful stories of young people, in the 11 countries participating in the project
- To train 22 “Young Ambassadors” to promote the role of NFL in the development of competences starting from real experiences on the field, successful stories and dedicated methods
- To create a network of Young Ambassadors of NFL to set up the base for sustainable work in the field of promotion of NFL, setting up a platform for sharing of stories, challenges, ideas and best practices
- To produce a complete methodology for the “Young Ambassadors of NFL” concept, including a dedicated manual, a catalogue of successful stories, online and offline tools, and methods for facilitation of dedicated workshops
- To develop a set of recommendations to facilitate the creation of new policies for the validation and recognition of competences acquired outside the formal education environment, involving public institutions, private sector and civil society
The project is based upon Non Formal Education and is working to develop the new methodology of the Youth Ambassadors of Non Formal Education, trained youngsters which can use peer-to-peer approach providing their experience to inspire other young people and relevant stakeholders in giving a higher credit and a better use to NFL experiences.
- Kick Off Meeting in Kumanovo / North Macedonia (16-17 January, 2020)
- Opening conferences in all the 11 countries (September, 2020)
- Research on existing policies on recognition and validation of NFL, and successful stories of young people that built their path thanks to NFL competences (May-December, 2020). The second research will be carried out, to collect inspiring stories of young people that, thanks to Non Formal Education, built a personal or professional path, identifying their way to arrive there and how did they manage to make it important for their future.
- Training Course on NFL and its recognition for Youth Ambassadors in Cagliari / Italy (August, 2021)
- Creation of the Network of Youth Ambassadors and the online platform for exchange of stories and best practices (October, 2021)
- One of the Youth Ambassadors per country will go on a Job Shadowing for a period of 21 days in another country, both with the aim to “shadow” the work of the organization on the field and to provide suggestions for the future activities to be implemented.
- Mid Term Evaluation Meeting in Mostar / Bosnia and Herzegovina (September-October, 2021)
- Seminar of Youth Ambassadors to share their Job Shadowing experiences and to develop the tools for the local actions (September, 2021). The seminar will involve all the 22 Youth Ambassadors and 3 facilitators and support staff, and will be held in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- One-day Conference for the opening of the Local Info Points in each partner’s country (October – December, 2020)
- Opening of Local Info Points – 1 per country (October 2020 – January, 2021)
- Development, Publication and Translation of the Manual of the Youth Ambassador for NFL, the research and the Catalog of Successful Stories (October 2020 – February, 2021)
- Local Actions – at least 4 per country, to be held in 4 different cities, at least one involving local authorities, educational providers and business environment (October, 2021). The Youth Ambassadors will pass to action, realizing at least 4 workshops in each country (total 44, involving 100 people per country).
- Youth Exchange in Sofia / Bulgaria (December, 2021)
- Drafting of Proposed policies for recognition and validation of NFL (February-June, 2021)
- Final Dissemination Period (January-February, 2022)
- Final Evaluation Meeting in Tirana / Albania (February, 2022)
1 Research activities
1.1. Interviews with relevant Stakeholders
1.2 Blogs related to NFL
1.3 Articles written by Project Partners
1.4. Focus Groups
1.6. Questionnaire on NFL