Project “YOUth Ambassadors of Non-Formal Learning”
Organization: ADP ZID
Interviewer: Milena Scepanovic
Interviewee: Jovana Bovan / Student organization on Electro faculty
Date and location: 05/07/2020
List of questions for the Interview:
1) Is the law defining NFE in your country? If yes, please describe what the law says.
2) Please describe the existing strategies, action plans that define non-formal learning in your country?
It is a Youth Strategy. Link: www.strategijazamlade.me
3) Have you been involved in the development of a strategy / action plan / law in excess of the NFE issues?
I didn’t participate.
4) Do you work on promoting NFE and how?
Every year in September we get new members, where together with the older members we explain to them what NFE is, activism and how important it is.
5) For your institution/CSO how young people recognize NFE?
We are a student organization and we are glad to see a large number of young people who want to take part in the activities. In cooperation with other CSOs, such as ADP-Zid, we get the necessary guidelines for the functioning of the volunteer club at our faculty.
6) What are you doing about NFE in term to make closeness with youth?
As a volunteer, I can point out that in recent years I have participated in various trainings and specializations, which has helped me to raise my organization at the faculty that demolishes NFE and activism to a higher level.
7) Have you involved young people in the process of bringing about things that are relevant to non-formal education?
Of course they need to get involved. That is the key thing. In order for the whole process to be relevant and to create a better environment for the development of various strategies and policies around young people, the voice of young people is of great importance.
8) Should the Government get involved and make an even bigger contribution when it we are speaking about youth and policies about youth?
As a young person, I believe that the Government should be involved and that more space should be given to us young people to participate in decision-making. The positive side is that young people also participated in the development of the Youth Strategy.